1. Military, 1/144 & smaller 27. Surface Powered Vessels
2. 1/72 Single Engine Prop 28. Sail/Oar Powered
3. 1/72 Single Engine Jet 29. Submarine
4. 1/48 Single Engine Prop
5. 1/48 Single Engine Jet Figures
6. 1/72 Multi Engine (Jet & Prop) 30. Historical, 54mm & smaller
7. 1/48 Multi Engine Jet 31. Historical, Larger than 54mm
8. 1/48 Multi Engine Prop 32. Sci-Fi, Robot/Fantasy/Comics
9. Military, 1/32 and Larger
10. Rotary Wing, All Scales Dioramas & Vignettes
11. Civil, Sport, Racing 33. Vignettes (no vehicles)
Armor* 35. Aircraft
12. AFV All Eras: 1/48 & Smaller 36. Automotive
13. WWII or Earlier AFVs: 1/49 & Larger
14. Modern AFV, 1946 & up, 1/49 & Larger Space & Sci-Fi Vehicles*
15. Ordinance: All Scales 37. Real Space, Missiles, Rockets
16. Soft Skin & Armored Cars: All Scales 38. All Sci-Fi, Movies Vessels or Vehicles
17. Factory Stock 39. 3 or More Models, Same Theme
18. Street Machine, All Years
19. Street Rod Miscellaneous
20. Competition, Open Wheel 40. All Other Entries
21. Competition, Closed Wheel
22. Competition, Dragsters Juniors Categories (Entrant 15 Yrs Or Younger)
23. Customized, All Years 1. Automotive 5. Figures
24. Trucks 2. Aircraft 6. Miscellaneous
25. Motorcycles 3. Armor 7. Junior Dioramas
26. Municipal/Commercial 4. Ships
*Out-Of-The-Box Awards in These Categories
CAN/AM CON 12 CONTEST RULES
-This contest is open to all to all model builders. Entries can be plastic, wood, metal, resin, etc., but no fully pre-assembled die-cast entries.
-There will be NO sweeps in any category (one entrant will win 1st, another 2nd, and another 3rd).
-Models that have won Judges Grand Award , People's Choice Award, and any Best of Category in any previous CAN/AM CON are ineligible to compete, but may be displayed.
-Judges' decisions are final in all matters. Contest judges have the right to place a model in another category, if they deem appropriate.
-Models may be displayed on simple bases. Bases will not be considered during judging, except for vignettes and dioramas.
-Neither IPMS Champlain Valley, Mount Mansfield Modelers, the Judges, Nor Plattsburgh Holiday Inn assume any liability for the loss or damage to entries.
-A junior entrant must be 15 years of age or younger.
-No reference material will be allowed on the table due to space constraints. Only exception instruction sheets from the kit for OOTB entries.
-A collection is defined as three or more closely related models which are the work of one person. The closeness of the relationship within the collection will be a factor in judging. For example, 3 versions of a Tiger tank are closer than 3 different German tanks.
-An "out-of-the-box" entry is defined as any kit constructed using only kit parts and instructions. "High Tech" kits may be entered. Please display kit instructions with your entry to qualify as OOB. (An OOB model displayed without instructions will require the judge to use their best judgment to determine if you qualify as an OOB entry.)
Theme & Special Awards For CAN/AM CON 12
Theme Awards: D-Day + 70 YearsSpecial Awards
Best D-Day Aircraft Best Military Subject with Canadian Markings
Best D-Day Armor Best 1964-1973 Muscle Car
Best D-Day Ship Best Battle of Plattsburgh/War of 1812 Subject
Best D-Day Figure Best of Class: Aircraft, Auto, Armor, Ship, Fig.,
Best D-Day Diorama/Vignette Diorama, Space/Sci-Fi
People's Choice and Judges Best-of-Show
Contest Schedule 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Vendor Setup Noon - 3:00 PM Judging
9:00 AM - Noon Registration 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Awards
return to canam 2013 main page